Public Domain Vintage Illustrations of Gnomes and Fairies!
It’s time to step into the land of make believe. Mr. Rogers had one on his show. So gosh darn it, I’m going to create one of my own! There’s a lot of whimsical, fantasy themed vintage art in the public domain. For this post, I thought I’d focus on Gnomes, fairies, and other magical beings that inhabit fairy lands. Look out for more whimsical themed posts on fairy houses, mushrooms, and other woodland themes.
Throw a Fairy & Gnome Themed Party with these 5 Party Decor Ideas!
Whimsical gnome and fairy themed parties are seriously fun to plan. Plus there are tons of fantastic free vintage images available to create unique goodie/party favor bags, tree ornaments and garlands, jewelry, decoupaged toy chests for gifts, birthday party t-shirts, and more.
Keep these 5 super creative ideas on hand the next time you’re stumped for party planning inspiration.
- Turn your favorite images above into iron-transfers for party t-shirts, hoodies, and sweatshirts.
- Print images out on adhesive paper to make quick and easy stickers for party favor bags, fairy-themed craft activities, invitations, and to/from stickers for presents.
- Use a simple online photo editor to turn your gnome images into black and white pages for a gnome-themed coloring books. Makes a great alternative to party favor bags.
- Have a holiday birthday coming up? Create cardstock holiday ornaments by simply cutting out and decorating your favorite gnome images above.
- Pick a compelling image above and print it out on plastic transfer sheets design for projectors. Cover a portion of a wall with large white butcher paper. Project your fairy or gnome image onto the covered portion of the wall to create a unique fairy tracing activity for your party!
This theme is just for kids either! Yes, I totally support you channeling your inner elf, gnome, woodland fairy, and witch. These images serve has fantastic inspiration for cosplay ideas, Halloween costumes, masquerade balls, and theater productions too.
SEO/Copy Editor/Former visual merchandiser and retail buyer/Hobby Artist/History Nerd