It’s time to step into the land of make believe. Mr. Rogers had one on his show. So gosh darn it, I’m going to create one of my own! There’s a lot of whimsical, fantasy themed vintage art in the public domain. For this post, I thought I’d focus on Gnomes, fairies, and other magical beings that inhabit fairy lands. Look out for more whimsical themed posts on fairy houses, mushrooms, and other woodland themes.
Throw a Fairy & Gnome Themed Party with these 5 Party Decor Ideas!
Whimsical gnome and fairy themed parties are seriously fun to plan. Plus there are tons of fantastic free vintage images available to create unique goodie/party favor bags, tree ornaments and garlands, jewelry, decoupaged toy chests for gifts, birthday party t-shirts, and more.
Keep these 5 super creative ideas on hand the next time you’re stumped for party planning inspiration.
- Turn your favorite images above into iron-transfers for party t-shirts, hoodies, and sweatshirts.
- Print images out on adhesive paper to make quick and easy stickers for party favor bags, fairy-themed craft activities, invitations, and to/from stickers for presents.
- Use a simple online photo editor to turn your gnome images into black and white pages for a gnome-themed coloring books. Makes a great alternative to party favor bags.
- Have a holiday birthday coming up? Create cardstock holiday ornaments by simply cutting out and decorating your favorite gnome images above.
- Pick a compelling image above and print it out on plastic transfer sheets design for projectors. Cover a portion of a wall with large white butcher paper. Project your fairy or gnome image onto the covered portion of the wall to create a unique fairy tracing activity for your party!
This theme is just for kids either! Yes, I totally support you channeling your inner elf, gnome, woodland fairy, and witch. These images serve has fantastic inspiration for cosplay ideas, Halloween costumes, masquerade balls, and theater productions too.